Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody from the MI area going to Baldwin for the Blessing of the Bikes? I'm planning on meeting up with mickeyliv, and we're hoping more will join us... If you're coming from south of Michigan then we'll meet with you in kalamazoo, if you're coming from the east I'd say probably Grand Rapids, guess it depends on where you're coming from... If you're interested let me know, I'm thinking about camping, but it depends on the weather, and it isn't looking to be the greatest at this point... I'm still going, and here in MI the weather changes non-stop... It might change the forecast to snow, but I'm sure it'll change sometime within the week. If you want to come up get a hold of me, and I'll try to make arrangements.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anybody from the MI area going to Baldwin for the Blessing of the Bikes? I'm planning on meeting up with mickeyliv, and we're hoping more will join us... If you're coming from south of Michigan then we'll meet with you in kalamazoo, if you're coming from the east I'd say probably Grand Rapids, guess it depends on where you're coming from... If you're interested let me know, I'm thinking about camping, but it depends on the weather, and it isn't looking to be the greatest at this point... I'm still going, and here in MI the weather changes non-stop... It might change the forecast to snow, but I'm sure it'll change sometime within the week. If you want to come up get a hold of me, and I'll try to make arrangements.

I plan on going, but I am just to the west of Baldwin about 40 miles. I will be keeping and eye out for ya!

·
Registered
60 Posts
now I will look for the both of you, yeah I can't wait.. Snow!!!?!?!!! god, I didn't know it was going to snow. eh, oh well, hope it changes.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now I will look for the both of you, yeah I can't wait.. Snow!!!?!?!!! god, I didn't know it was going to snow. eh, oh well, hope it changes.
It isn't yet, but it wouldn't surprise me though... I'll probably meet up with you somewhere and ride in, most likely with a couple friends, non-cxers, but good folk, even though one rides a Harley, to him it's just a bike, he let me ride it the other day, 1st gear was quick, but other than that not too impressive, and the bumps suck, but he's not the I ride a Harley so I can't ride with your Honda kinda guy, pretty much just got it because his girl is materialistic and they worked a deal he could manage...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm wondering if I will be able to go, I have to fix my lower balljoints, and I doubt that putting it off any longer will help.. I dunno, we'll see..

·
Registered
60 Posts
hahaha well I would love that, but first yeah I have to change the oil and filter, airbox filter, final drive oil, plugs, adjust valves, adjust chain tensioner, battery and new gas!! that is about it.. I might be a couple weeks before I scrape up that money.. I did drain the old gas out of the carbs, just so that wasn't going to foul things up, cleaned up some of the rust on the chrome too.. that is about it for today..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oil filters are about $3 I believe, air filter around $10, both of which I have extras and you could use until you can pay me back, battery is about $40 at batteries plus, don't have an extra sitting around, gear oil could wait a few days, if your plugs aren't bad they can be used still, you should be able to get by without a battery, we'd just have to push start the bike, which isn't that hard, gas =$10, valves and adjust cam chain are free... So we're looking at filling the tank with gas, busting ass, and she'll be road worthy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oil filters are about $3 I believe, air filter around $10, both of which I have extras and you could use until you can pay me back, battery is about $40 at batteries plus, don't have an extra sitting around, gear oil could wait a few days, if your plugs aren't bad they can be used still, you should be able to get by without a battery, we'd just have to push start the bike, which isn't that hard, gas =$10, valves and adjust cam chain are free... So we're looking at filling the tank with gas, busting ass, and she'll be road worthy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leaving for Baldwin in a few hours, if anybody is going to make it at all call me, Corey, at (two six nine) 492-four475

Wrote the numbers out to prevent spam from possibly finding it...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Baldwin Blessing 2011 is not happening, riding 3 hours in the rain with a bike that doesn't have a stator under 7k rpms probably isn't happening, thought I'd be with a few other bikes so we'd still be seen, but riding solo with no headlight just doesn't sound too fun, not to mention the 10 mile traffic jam that my bike would be overheating on and I wouldn't know because the temp gauge goes out when the battery dies, and I wouldn't be able to just shut her off and fire her back up when it's time to move, so all in all, my weekend sucks!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.