Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while i was priming my frame i pulled off my intake runners to paint them as well. i was looking at my carbs and realized it wasn't as clean as i was telling myself. so i disconnected them and took them out for a cleaning. the big problem i see is that the "spring" as i'll call it that keeps the chokes operating the same has sprung. do i have to replace it or can it be repaired and if so whats the spec and where do they connect? i'm going to strip the carbs to their casings and boil them out for a deep clean. i heard on another forum that some people use lemon juice to do this. i'll give it a try and hope that i don't melt the carbs. if it doesnt go well expect to see a wtb post in the for sale forum

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll have to look when i get home. work filter blocks photobucket. thanks, i still have to clean the hell out of them and come up with some kind of holder for the rear side of the carbs. i removed the original one because the choke cable was being blocked by it. i don't think i threw it away so maybe i can modify it to clear.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thats the one i am talking about. there are 2 and i took one off. i'll put it back on after i clean it all up

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the spring put in the correct position. it was way off. turns out i did throw away the rear stay. i got a piece of angle aluminum that I'll make a new one to keep them together. thanks for the pictures and advice. i hope after some polishing and painting this will be the end of my carb woes. but somehow i doubt it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made a keep bracket out of a small section of angle aluminum. did'nt paint it or anything, painted the towers of the carbs flat black. will degrease the carb body so it looks better. want to install it on sunday now the spring for the choke is back where it belongs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.