Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, James here, back in action after about seven years of 'life experience'. Two divorces, retired from the military, and finally back to work on my CX650C.

I was a hyperactive member of the Swedish CX/GL owners group but cannot find that site nor remember my username their. Luckily someone I bought parts from on E-bay turned me onto this site.

Greetings to Shep, Sture, and Rich. I remember you from the other site.

Here's a link to my Facebook album on my progress so far: https://www.facebook.com/#!/james.land2011/media_set?set=a.848553295205161.1073741832.100001514946000&type=3

I'll try to post to specific areas as my work continues. I miss the CX/GL friends I had and look forward to interacting with all of you again. Love these bikes and the following that has emerged and the ingenuity of the owners in keeping these machines going after factory parts are NLA.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome James! Drop that 650C into your signature and pull up a chair by the fire.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I was a hyperactive member of the Swedish CX/GL owners group but cannot find that site nor remember my username their.

Welcome back! Some of us "relicts" from times long gone seem to stay - may be due to not having better things to do - but many have gone, like the old Swedish group which was more or less "transferred" into this one.

Glad to see you "back in business"! :)

/Sture

·
Registered
443 Posts
Always glad to see someone return to the fold - looking forward to some pictures.

Cheers!

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted a couple albums here and am slowly learning how to manage pictures here. Is the Swedish site completely gone? Or does someone have a backup of the forum? I would like to get in touch with some of my friends from there.

Thanks for the welcome back!

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
There's a list of known forums here at the bottom:

General Information - CXGL

I haven't been around long enough to know whether the Swedish forum merged into one of those, or still exists and isn't listed there. If it's still around someone let me know and I'll add it to that list!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was the BEST forum at the time for the CX/GL 500's. I'll check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
James, Welcome back to what passes around here for "normality". Always pleasant to reconnect with old timers, even if they look to be about . . . 32. :D Tie up to our mooring for a while and take a break, sounds like you could use it. And thanks for your service.:icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings Rich! Good to hear from you again. I think you've had a couple CX's go over 100,000 miles?

Take care,

James

1 - 13 of 13 Posts