Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all.....I am not trying to start a tire thread..........but maybe I am ...sorry

I did a search but Avon Roadriders do not come up........

Is anyone running Road Riders,I have a set on my 78 550k.and like em,but it is a different style of bike.

Also I have a new 100/90-19 (front/rear) Roadrider and thinking about getting a rear

Right now my GL650i has Challengers 100/90-19 and 130/90-16 on it,the rear is getting worn....

Thoughts.............

And on a second note where is my tool box supposed to go......Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Road Rider was designed for classic and roadster use alike, and combines high strength carcass's with a good wet weather compound, formulated for extremely good wear properties also. this range had extensive development to really polish its performance which is squarely aimed at machines of this type.

Use a 100/90-19 universal with an MT90-16 rear ( this is the american tyre size equivalent to 130/90-16, but can carry a little more load)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Yup. I've run them on a 500T and a 650E, both bikes including track day use; I highly recommend them.

Good tire, good sticky, make bloody sure that your air pressure in the rear tire is spot on (35-36lbs rear), or the center will square off FAST (2k miles).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...........going to use the 100/90-19 and just ordered a MT90-16.........

I do like the roadriders on my 550,more tire then the bike could ever use but that's OK........I really like the way they Do not track on tar snakes,we have lots of them in southern Ontario....and they do stick very well,have not ridden in the rain much but have heard that they are good,a bit pricey as far as some tires go ...but hey we only have two wheels and one life..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a triangular sectioned plastic box under the rear cowl just in front of the tail light.

Thanks Gopher........not I know where it isn't..........the rubber tye down is there but no box....I'm guess that since mine has the Markland extender(I think it is anyway) it was too hard to access the tools so he put them on the bench somewhere and forgot about them..

I will have to put it down as another thing to find/replace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts