Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out my step father passed away suddenly yesterday afternoon.

Medical condition blamed for fatal accident

The wife and I are heading to Beulaville, NC tomorrow and and I am looking for which highways to avoid because of construction. I will be on I-94 through Minneapolis and on through Wisconsin to I-90 through Madison; I-39 south to Bloomington IL to avoid Chicago; and I-74 to Indianapolis. From there I will take I-70 to Dayton, OH; 35 to Charleston, WV; then i-64/77 to I-77/81 to I-74 to I-40/85 to Raleigh, NC.

I am driving a 32 foot RV so looking to avoid big construction area's. Any suggestions appreciated. I will be checking this from my cell phone.

·
Registered
558 Posts
holyman,

Sorry about your step father.

You might try the waze application for your phone. It usually has good information about traffic.

https://www.waze.com/

Prayers and good travels,

TF

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss. Prayers on a safe journey. That's about all I can offer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I grew up in the Raleigh Durham area... Hopefully theres a lot of good people around to take care of your family there. I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for you, your family and your journey... be safe.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I made it back and everything went well. I was a bit of a nervous wreck trying to drive the RV cross country but 3500 miles later I've grown found of it. I had only driven about 200 miles before this trip and wasn't used to how the thing swayed to and fro in the wind and around semi's. My mother is okay most days and the others not so much but she is trying to hold it together. Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers. She has a network of inlaws and friends to help her out so I was comfortable with leaving and not staying longer. This did teach me one thing I had never thought of but I handle the mortgage, car payments, and other bills associated with the house and so did my step father. This left my Mom kinda lost since she didn't know where the bank was that they had there checking account in, let alone how to pay the other bills coming in. So I plan on teaching the wife all of these things in case something happens to me.

Murray, was great to chat with you. Unfortunately I couldn't make the time to get a hold of Dave or to swing out you're way. Maybe next year when I come back down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts