Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, as I sat down to get my hair cut at the barber shop, a lady comes in and asks if anybody in the shop owns the motorcycle out front. I said yes, I do, and she then tells me she has backed into my bike. This was just FANTASTIC news considering I've had the bike for a whopping 4 days. But, she gave me all her insurance information and we're going to get her fixed right up. Luckily, the only damage was the ball broken off the clutch lever, a smashed blinker, and a busted mirror.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The repairs + something for your time and anguish will not equal her deductible.

Just let her know how much she should pay you instead of filing a claim.

I'd say about $100-150. that would let you get any set of mirrors, blinkers, & levers you want. plus cover anything you might find later.

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Itemize and cost out the items with printed proof too. You never know, hard to find items may call for a premium price to get.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
In retrospect you'll see how lucky you really were. She came forward, no one was hurt, and the damage was minimal. I think Panthers on the money with the cost, if you go with used parts you can still get pizza and beer with your friends to commiserate with the leftover scratch from $150.

All in all, a lucky day, if your bike goes down, this is probably the best possible way for it to do that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely frustrating, but like you guys said, at least I wasn't on it, the damage was minimal, and she stopped. I will make sure to find original parts, just because I love the original appeal. 100-150 bucks, and I think I could fix her right up.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Just cause my bike is from the hippy era doesn't mean my hair has to be.

You're off by about a decade there....

The CX was born in the Disco era.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.