Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1453 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen this on a few other bike forums. The concept is that someone states the tag, and then whoever wants to can ride out, and find that tag. They then take a picture with their bike that meets the requirements, and posts it here. The first person to post the tag gets to name the next tag.

Sound fun?

Here are the rules, taken from another forum.

1. Your bike must be in the picture.

2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.

3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).

4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).

5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next day, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then a new tag can be announced.) If the new tag has not been declared within 24 hours because the person who is supposed to do it is missing, the group can then move ahead with the game and declare a new tag. The new tag can be declared by whomever chooses to do so once the 24 hour wait is over.

6. No Photoshop.

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.

9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

10. You can't get your own tag.

Some of these rules can be bent. Some (particularly the national chain rule) are more of suggestions than cold hard rules. In the end it is up to the person who presented the tag to decide if yours counts.

I know many of us have multiple bikes, so I dont think it should be cx/gl specific. As long as it has two (or three wheels) its fine. Also because my GL isnt currently rideable.

Edit: Here is a youtube video explaining how to sig up for, and use Photobucket, to post your pictures here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2-TkWXhBo&feature=fvwrel

Lets make the first one easy. your bike in your garage/driveway/parking space.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well I took the picture but I can't figure out how to post it! Does it have to be hosted sopmewhere before I can put it up?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Well I took the picture but I can't figure out how to post it! Does it have to be hosted sopmewhere before I can put it up?

Short answer,,,,yes.

You need an account at photobucket or similar and then paste the code into your post here.

You can upload pics directly to this site,,but not in this section. If you were in the customization forum, garage wall, buying and selling or test sections you can upload to this site.

·
Registered
915 Posts
One of two local bowling alleys in Stockbridge, GA.

Next tag: Hospital

·
Registered
915 Posts
Tag expired. Greater than 48 hours old. Declaring new tag: Used Car Lot

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would love to be in on this, but for some reason I decided to do a near total overhaul of my bike. Once I get my rear assembly, body kit, front electrical assembly, handlebars/controls, and oil change done I'll be in. Give me about forever to complete that.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go.

Had to take it quick to avoid an awkward conversation with the dealer. Then naturally my starter wouldn't turn over. Push starting sucks in this heat.

Your bike in front of a bank(or other) sign that shows the current temperature

·
Registered
706 Posts
Do we get extra points if the temp is above 100F? That would be easy enought to catch a pic of but a pretty hot trip into town.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well, still 92 in Stockbridge, GA at 7:45 pm.

Next Tag: A place where one can get pizza and a COLD beer.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
home made pizza is very popular here.made with crispy,wafer thin base.cold beer,well,every street corner,it seems.lol

next tag...............bike by a boat

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here is mine waiting for a boat trip to the Magdalen Islands.

Small boat or big boat? On the docks in Montreal this morning.

Don't have a photo account but hope this counts! "edit Bit the bullet and got an account so I can play this game proper!"

If so then next is a photo with a sidecar, of which I will recuse myself and let someone else show their or someone elses rig.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
home made pizza is very popular here.made with crispy,wafer thin base.cold beer,well,every street corner,it seems.lol

next tag...............bike by a boat

Bandit's photo doesn't qualify,,

Section One, Paragraph Seven, clearly states;

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Bandit's photo doesn't qualify,,

Section One, Paragraph Seven, clearly states;

just fine,then im not playing anymore.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
just fine,then im not playing anymore.
For a penalty, I think Bandit should have to take a picture of his bike in a town where every building in the town is painted the same color,,maybe a nice Smurf Blue color.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
For a penalty, I think Bandit should have to take a picture of his bike in a town where every building in the town is painted the same color,,maybe a nice Smurf Blue color.

lmao

1 - 20 of 1453 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.