Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Has anyone on here tried the Airhawk seat pad on their CX's? What size is the best to suit a custom?

After around an hours riding I start getting a num bottom.

And I was looking at getting one of these airhawk seats as they seem to get good reviews, but they are not cheap!

Are there any cheaper alternatives out there?

Seat refoaming and covering would probably be best, but that's even more pricey. Well here in New Zealand anyhow. One quote was almost half the price of what I paid for the bike!

Just thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Curt.

·
Registered
840 Posts
A friend of mine who rides a KLR650 has a bead seat which I believe is much cheaper. I haven't experienced it yet, but I imagine I'll order one as well here pretty soon. He swears by it. It allows airflow which sounds great to me since it was 100F here in VA today, and it disperses pressure differently.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hi Curt,

Years ago I had a Harley Bad Boy. It had a 21" front tire and a springer and a rear with a 16" tire and almost no rear suspension. The bike was very cool to look at but literally a pain in the butt to ride for more than 30 minutes. I bought an airhawk cushion and joked that it doubled the bike's suspension. It really helped. Mine did not have any way to attach it to the bike, the pad just sat on the seat. I have one of their cushions for my chair at work for those long days and use them on wheelchairs for my patients who need the extra care. They last forever and other than attachment gripes, are a superior product. If you need more cushion this will help a bunch.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ha ha....yep memory foam works well.......

I at first had a big, bulky mem foam pad made for a car or truck seat on the bike but over the winter I got one made for motorcycle seats and just use the big bulky one whenever I have a passenger.

I do like the memory foam.....it changes everything.....comfy, absorbs the vibration, no back soreness at all.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I have a Pro Pad gel seat cushion on G-Loria. It set me back about $90. It was very helpful on my 600+ mile trip home from Larry's. I still had to make many stops, but my butt and back truly said "thank you" when Sunday came.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.