Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Okay.....I'll bite......what's a pee pad besides Depends?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
'P pad' is short for pillion pad.

from dat dere Wicko-pee-dia site:

A pillion is a mostly British English term for a secondary pad, cushion, or seat behind the main seat or saddle on a horse, motorcycle, bicycle or moped.[1] A passenger in this seat is said to "ride pillion" or may themselves be referred to as a "pillion." The word is derived from the Gaelic for "little rug," pillean, which is itself from the Latin pellis for "animal skin." One or more pelts would often have been used as a secondary seat on horseback; the usage has carried over to motorcycles.

Although, having been on the back of a bike with no backrest and a speed freak on the throttle... a 'pee' pad is probably closer to the truth.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
'P pad' is short for pillion pad.

from dat dere Wicko-pee-dia site:

A pillion is a mostly British English term for a secondary pad, cushion, or seat behind the main seat or saddle on a horse, motorcycle, bicycle or moped.[1] A passenger in this seat is said to "ride pillion" or may themselves be referred to as a "pillion." The word is derived from the Gaelic for "little rug," pillean, which is itself from the Latin pellis for "animal skin." One or more pelts would often have been used as a secondary seat on horseback; the usage has carried over to motorcycles.

Although, having been on the back of a bike with no backrest and a speed freak on the throttle... a 'pee' pad is probably closer to the truth.

was aware of pillion, but thought we were having a bit of a laugh over a "pee" pad.

and as for the speed freak on the throttle and being on the back, "P" pad could also be PUCKER pad!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I honestly did not know what it meant, just had heard it called that, and the whole throttle/speed freak thing is what I was thinkin'!!
So now back to biznis! Any pics???

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I can think of one but I can't seem to find a picture of it. But really it doesn't look any different than a sportster. It's all in the fender below it.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
what driver seat and rear fender is on that bike stitch?

Ya got me.

It looks like a sportster Pillow top seat and the fender on the rear actually looks like a harley front fender.

That's Gregory Jewels bike so if you really want to know you would have to ask him. I found it in the old forum archives in the post your ride section.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.