Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to find my beloved pacific coast a new best friend and home. I’m just not riding enough, what with moving and all.
It’s the white 1989 (only year in white) with 49,851 miles on it.
It’s sporting new; battery, tire’s, all fluids(forks, motor oil, final drive, coolant, clutch/brake and lately gas), filters and stator/regulator.
It is so fun to ride and so reliable. I have a trailer hitch on it for parade flags, a front fender mud flap (ordered from Germany), foot wing air deflectors (for your feet-warm).
LED lights for tail/stop/headlight/goldwing side marker lights front and rear. Auxiliary driving lights(PIAA).
12volt ‘cigarette’ outlet in trunk(yes trunk-it flips up to reveal a massive storage area and I have LED lights on a switch in there too). Digital volt meter, digital ambient air temperature meter, J&M CB radio with weather band and auxiliary input for MP3’s, iPhone or other 3.5mm audio device.
Service manual, owners manual, some extra plastic and a clean title.
It has an audiovox electronic cruise control on it that won’t engage (just acting up) and I have the manual and installation instructions for the pacific coast also. $2600.00

$2600.00

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
These are the only bikes with a lot of plastic that appeal to me. Sort of a "Tron" motorcycle. I know they were promoted for commuting. How are they for touring compared to your twisted twins?

I’m looking to find my beloved pacific coast a new best friend and home. I’m just not riding enough, what with moving and all.
It’s the white 1989 (only year in white) with 49,851 miles on it.
It’s sporting new; battery, tire’s, all fluids(forks, motor oil, final drive, coolant, clutch/brake and lately gas), filters and stator/regulator.
It is so fun to ride and so reliable. I have a trailer hitch on it for parade flags, a front fender mud flap (ordered from Germany), foot wing air deflectors (for your feet-warm).
LED lights for tail/stop/headlight/goldwing side marker lights front and rear. Auxiliary driving lights(PIAA).
12volt ‘cigarette’ outlet in trunk(yes trunk-it flips up to reveal a massive storage area and I have LED lights on a switch in there too). Digital volt meter, digital ambient air temperature meter, J&M CB radio with weather band and auxiliary input for MP3’s, iPhone or other 3.5mm audio device.
Service manual, owners manual, some extra plastic and a clean title.
It has an audiovox electronic cruise control on it that won’t engage (just acting up) and I have the manual and installation instructions for the pacific coast also. $2600.00
View attachment 202778

View attachment 202779

View attachment 202780

$2600.00

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are the only bikes with a lot of plastic that appeal to me. Sort of a "Tron" motorcycle. I know they were promoted for commuting. How are they for touring compared to your twisted twins?
It’s very good, at speed it runs like a goldwing. I used a large bag on the back seat for camping supplies. Kind of gave it a back rest. Comparing it to my gl650 it would be a step up as far as ease of use on the road. Better tire size and choices available for it. And white is very easy to see. I think, other than yellow, it’s the safest color out on the open road. Unless your SideCarBob running in the snow:sneaky:.

Reactions: bahn88
1 - 3 of 3 Posts