Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Immediately threw away the old monoshock from my GL500 build, and am in the process of fitting a hayabusa rear shock. Anyone else do this too, and any issues with mating it up (ie: bushings or washers, bolts)? The only issue I see is running pod filters due to airbox removed for the shock. No big deal though.



Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Immediately threw away the old monoshock from my GL500 build, and am in the process of fitting a hayabusa rear shock. Anyone else do this too, and any issues with mating it up (ie: bushings or washers, bolts)? The only issue I see is running pod filters due to airbox removed for the shock. No big deal though.



Thanks,


I have a 'busa shock sitting on the shelf waiting for me to figure out how to do it. Did you relocate the battery ? Reservior up or reservoir down ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to go reservoir up, and fabricate a new set-up for the battery location. Should be pretty straightforward. My concern is that instead of using bolts inside bushings, I will just have a bolt for the attachment points. I will do some spacers out of washers, or build solid spacers on either side of the shock for the bracket.



I'm not sure how these will work with reservoir down. Might cause some interference with the pro-link maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to revive this thread, I tried mounting my shock, and found it just a tad too long. (about 3/8") I'm actually having trouble lining everything up on the prolink.



I know others here have mounted them, and hope they chime in.



cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I used a shock from a cbr600rr. it bolted right in other then making a small notch in the top mount. Will also need to relocate the battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured mine out early today. I had to drill another hole in the bottom 'ear' or the bottom attach point. There's lots of metal there, so I simply located another bolt hole further up, and cut off the remaining metal left. It's kind of hard to explain, but it fits perfectly now. I was having trouble with the shock being a tad too long overall, and this fixed it perfectly.



Not sure if others had to do this, or the hayabusa shock I have is from a different year, but now she's at home in my GL500!



cheers
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top