Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new o-rings where the carb insulators mount to the head, and Honda wants 9 bucks apiece for them. I have seen posts for alternate parts available for thermostats etc so I was wondering if there might be a sub for these. (OBTW, they are 40x2.4 or 40x2.5 per Honda.)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got mine from a small hardware store in the faucet repair section. .80 cents each. Not sure on how they will like gas but its been 500 or so miles.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I went to a hydraulic supply place, matched them up, selected 4 (2 engines worth) and asked for a bill.... guy said it wasn't worth the paper work.... so I left him enough for a couple cups of coffee... and left.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Anything that's a dealer part you can always get a better price online, or print out the price and ask you local dealer if he can match it.

That O-ring has a list price of $6.25, discounthondaparts has it for about $4. Dealers are supposed to charge List Price or less for over the counter sales.

Still high in my book too, try the suggestions in the previous posts first and the OEM suppliers when all else fails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts