Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new Raditor on my bike with the electric fan conversation. After I got it all hooked up and started the bike took a min to get hot, I took the cap off and the coolent was still cold didn't look like it was flowing any ideas!

·
Super Moderator
23,060 Posts
It would take a bit longer than a minute to warm the motor up enough to open the thermostat. Thermostat closed = cold radiator.

Take it for a decent ride and check again. Keep an eye on the temp. gauge.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'll try to take it for a ride and see but it was running for a good ten mins or more before the temp gauge went to hot thanks for ur input

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although ur prob right though cause the radiator hoses were still cold and the metal tubes were starting to warm up when the temp gauge got to the red so I shut it off the Raditor was still cold and so was coolant

·
Super Moderator
23,060 Posts
Temp gauge got to the red? Maybe the 7v relay thingy, something sounds a little 'off'.If it's still the same after a decent run the thermostat isn't opening and will need to be replaced, - not a big deal.

The 7v regulator is suspect though if your bike went to the red zone within a minute or so, my bikes gauge wouldn't even start moving in such a short time.

It's gotta be one or the other.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It may just have an airlock. I'd try running it again with the radiator cap removed and top off if necessary. If it was fine before you took the radiator off I'd guess it just needed a good burp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts