Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. Another update for ya after a week of riding all over creation with the vintage tires. Still no trouble. I've again ridden in the rain and anywhere the bike has taken me but nothing negative to report. These things handle every bit as good as the Dunlop 404's. The only thing I notice that I could consider a negative thing is they feel a little shifty at high speeds, like around 70 to 80 mph. Nothing crazy, it doesn't feel like i'm going to lose control but it doesn't seem quite as steady at those speeds. But to squirt around town and down country roads and winding backways they are great. I couldn't be more pleased. Heres a couple more pics. I had to raise the rear end of the bike about 2 inches because these tires expand at speed much more than the Dunlops did. I actually destroyed the first Indian Script I put on because it expanded and rubbed on the bar that my seat is mounted on. It completely chewed up the rubber all the way around about an inch wide. So I had to order another tire and raise up the bike a couple inches. I'll be back in another week or so to give another update. Later.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still looking damn good!!!!
Thanks. Personally I liked how the bike looked better when it was lower, and the ride was a little more comfortable too, but until I can figure out exactly how far that rear tire expands this is how it stays.

·
Registered
40 Posts
where did you end up mounting the CDI and regulator? and pics, and did you shorten any wires?

Sorry, BOT...

Nice tires...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
They do look good dont they?

I was looking at some retro tyres here in the UK and they

were H rated ( 130mph) so they cant be that bad

I assume thay have tubes?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did you end up mounting the CDI and regulator? and pics, and did you shorten any wires?

Sorry, BOT...

Nice tires...
The CDI is in the stock location but I turned it around so I could route the wires towards the front of the bike. I did shorten all the wiring by a couple feet. Any extra I had is stored in a removable custom made compartment under the seat. Check these pics:

This is mounted here:

And the regulator is mounted under the support that the battery is sitting on. Sorry don't have a pic of that right now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do look good dont they?

I was looking at some retro tyres here in the UK and they

were H rated ( 130mph) so they cant be that bad

I assume thay have tubes?
Yes they are tube tires. I'm happy with them. I like how they feel when i'm riding. I put a little less air in them than whats recommended and they have a very slight sort of bounce to them when going over bumps and rough roads. Helps with having the hard tail and springer seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
~Claps Hands~ Nice work!!! Turned out very very nice!!!! Good job on all of it!!! hopefully building my battery box this weekend!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts