1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think it would depend on whether you are going by yourself or you have a passenger.

Another factor would be the amount of stuff you want to carry with you. Some bikers

will carry camping gear, others will stay in motels or with friends along the way.

The other would be the amount of maintenance you are willing to do on your own. Newer

bikes are more expensive to buy, not to mention limited upkeep that can be done on their

own. Older bikes, although cheaper to purchase and can be worked on based on the bike

and the skill of the owner, don't always have the same availability of parts or accessories.

Also you have where you live as well. Europe and Canada tend to favor the BMWs while

over here it's the Goldwings and Harley Davidsons.

If I was riding by myself, I would ride my 1983 Silverwing due to the reliability and,

well, I already own one. If I was to ride a long distance with my wife, I would look

into a 1985 Goldwing with the fuel injection. Also would have more room for what I would

take along for the trip.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Best long distance bike wound be my naked Gl500... only 2 hrs away for $250

The GL500 Interstate was over 3 hrs and $700

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.