Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEFORE

AFTER

A Special touch to the bike...its the initials of my wife and kids..they'll be with me when I ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...for the record. Larry did not do all the work! You see the fuse cover on the triple tree?! I did that all by myself! hahahahah

·
Registered
131 Posts
Damn nice fuse cover! lol

But in all seriousness.....AWESOME! You are lucky that Larry is just down to the road from you.... (he's about 800 miles away for me, but was absolutely worth the drive....and $236 ticket from California's CHP)

I like the Mercedes Palladium silver color....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn nice fuse cover! lol

But in all seriousness.....AWESOME! You are lucky that Larry is just down to the road from you.... (he's about 800 miles away for me, but was absolutely worth the drive....and $236 ticket from California's CHP)

I like the Mercedes Palladium silver color....
Just think....both our bikes have the same "father"-Larry! hahahahaha

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
OMG, I think word has already gotten out Dakota!
Too funny.

At least I have the adoption agency (DMV) to help me farm out the results of my indiscretions.

Actually I'm screwin around again with two more. A GL650I and an 82 CX500C that I'm going to pick up this morning. Anyone want to get in line for another adoption?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Well, not much to say except Larry is not only an artist, but a genius. The quality is something that puts most profession shops I have seen to shame. I only wish I could turn out stuff 1/10 as good as that

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
very nice and leaves as near mortols to ponder...what if

great job guys

Yeah what if. Pretty sure I'll have another 3 weeks paid off next week and time to wonder if I could pay or my body could pay to drive out to his place for a bike.

I have been pondering Jet Black with a yellow stripe on a naked 650i. The only thing better would be if he could make me a kit to transplant a 650 and all the guts into the Supertanker.

·
Super Moderator
23,060 Posts
Damo on the Oz forum is about to put a 650 motor into a shadow ['82 or 3 standard]

So far Hann has verified that the 500 drive output shaft fits into the 650 motor without modification so the 500s driveline can be hooked up.

Interested in this one myself, wouldn't mind the 650 motor but I like the early twinshock bikes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Very, very, very sweet bike. I really like the lowered stance. If my wife gets interested, I wonder if I could get one of these short enough for her - she is a hair shy of 5'.

Anyway, I am using the handlebars/switches/fuse cover etc. on this bike as a template for how I want mine to look by New Years. I have to beg, borrow, steal, build a couple of buffers, that's for sure. I can get some single phase used motors from work. I'll rig a bench and some buffer wheel mounts, probably. The bench will be portable so I can polish outside. Larry has some pictures posted of the mess this much polishing makes.

Sinjinle, I really love your bike. That would be a joy to ride and to see in the garage.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very, very, very sweet bike. I really like the lowered stance. If my wife gets interested, I wonder if I could get one of these short enough for her - she is a hair shy of 5'.

Anyway, I am using the handlebars/switches/fuse cover etc. on this bike as a template for how I want mine to look by New Years. I have to beg, borrow, steal, build a couple of buffers, that's for sure. I can get some single phase used motors from work. I'll rig a bench and some buffer wheel mounts, probably. The bench will be portable so I can polish outside. Larry has some pictures posted of the mess this much polishing makes.

Sinjinle, I really love your bike. That would be a joy to ride and to see in the garage.

With the low handle bar and shorter shocks. She handle like a dream.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ok i hate to sound like a jerk or rude but what the hell why did you even get on the bike with no gear on man?? i understand it was a quick turn around but ATGATT i will now step off the soap box

that bike sounds real nice i wonder if its to late to box up my bike and myself and send us to larry.........lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts