Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Another GL650 owner in PA.

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cat0020 
#1 ·
Sold my 78 GL1000 last week, local broker picked it up and getting it shipped to Norway:

Today, picked me up an early birthday present for cheap

83 GL650 Interstate, +13k mi., runs decent, cosmetically 60-70%, PO took a nice tumble that had some nice scratches on the sidecases and topbox, dent on exhaust headers and the swingarm; but rides nice, tracks straight, no wiggle at 70+ mph when I let go of the handlebars.
Tires, forkseals, brakes all in decent shape, there may be a cafe/bobber in my near future.

See less See more
#4 ·
I want the rear crash bars if you are parting out. I'd like a few pics to see the damage it took on the spill please. PM me and let me know.

Jerry

#5 ·
Here are some pictures of the rear crash bars.. the left (clutch) side seems to have made contact with the swingarm, the right (brake) side seems to be fine, both would still function great as crash protection. Hoow's $35 plus shipping sound?

#12 ·
It's a standardized test for every used vehicle I purchase or work on during test ride, more often the wobble has to do with cupped front tire than steering head/bearing issues, or it could be front/rear wheel misalignment.
AFAIK, all BMW with shaft-drive have a little offset between front/rear wheel, but somehow they track straight and the telelever front end seems to isolate the wobble at speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.