Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently got a 1983 GL650i from my uncle. He had it sitting in his garage for 10years and he only put 20miles on it. I cleaned out the carb a bit and rode it from DC to Detroit. This is my first real bike with disc brakes(my first was a honda farm bike in Zambia, it only had drum brakes) and I am little new with brake hoses.

I am replacing the original hoses. The only problem is that I can not find the brake hose length or banjo angle anywhere. I have the Haynes manual, Official Honda Shop Manual and the Parts Catalog, as well as searched the depths of the internet(to the best of my knowledge).

I have contacted JDA about new hoses, but I they have asked for the hose length and angle of the fitting.

So does anyone know the hose length and angle of the fittings for a 1983 GL650I?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
For 5 bucks you can mail the old hose to JDA and they will send you one that fits.
Take your old hose to a motorcycle shop and find a hose that will work. I doubt that
anyone will have the length and angle of that hose just off hand. I am surprised that JDA asked.
My local dealer has brake hoses that you can buy the length and then put the end fittings on them.
I needed a special brake hose and that is how I got it, made it up from pieces. $50.00.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Did you contact Craig @ JDA, he would probably have the
information on hand as that's our contact who we use to order the lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts