Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the stock CDI box in my 79 cx500 go bad i purchased a new box from Andy62. I am very new to everything motorcycle related so this will not be an in depth review of the unit, i simply want to say that i have been riding with the new unit for about a week or so now and i am extremely happy with how it is performing. Installing the unit was super easy and quick, it fit exactly where my old box was and everything plugs in the same as the stock CDI. I have noticed a significant improvement in overall riding performance and especially in throttle response since using this new CDI.

So far i have not encountered any problems or anything i do not like about Andy62's CDI box, and i don't see myself having any complaints anytime soon. The only thing i was slightly nervous about when purchasing the unit was the it was being shipping from Finland to Atlanta Ga, i thought i may have to miss a couple weeks of riding, but it arrived in just around one week and through the whole process Andy62 was extremely nice and helpful.

The unit is also very reasonably priced, especially when comparing it with an Ignitech CDI.

I forgot to take pictures of the new CDI before i put it in my bike because i was just so excited to go ride, but if anyone is curious i would be happy to take some photos and upload them to this thread.

If you are looking to get in touch with Andy62 about purchasing a CDI box you can contact him from the Forum or email him at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I have been running Andy's CDI for about a year. No issues at all.

IIRC, the install took about 20 +/- minutes. I had to swap a few connectors around. But all the bits & pieces needed were included.

Andy's CDI is most definitely a viable option for those with good stators and wanting to keep close to OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts