Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my buddy who was born in 1978 got a T-shirt for his 4th birthday which he wore over and over and over! It wa his favorite T-Shirt so his mother kept it for him. Last weekend his mother was cleaning up and found it so she gave it back to him. At which point he went all numb and couldn't believe it! He brought it home and gifted it to me! I wonder if I can get it duplicated on an adult sized T-Shirt and how much it would cost?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey J.C. if that is possible - what would something like that cost ??? Just asking as could be interested myself..

Nice bit of artwork as well - thanks for showing us Curlay.

Reactions: Curlay Lambeau

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I didn't come back to see responses till now.
I will send JC a picture by e-mail and see if we can't duplicate it for adults.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I want one! Cool!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would be in for one

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been chatting back and forth with JC and he has the idea of making a digital file so it can be added to t-shirts or coffee mugs etc.
I wanted to make it like the original one on a t-shirt in silk screened paint.
I think since the painted one lasted 37 years it would be cool to have it like that and for sure it would last a long time and look great too.
I have some contacts in Mexico that might be able to make the shirts for $10 or 15.00 each but I will have to make up the art work to send it to them any way.
So I am going to make up the art work and send it to JC as well and somewhere sometime we should be able to come up with something.
My daughter is an animation artist so I've asked her to do the drawing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thanks Curlay,

When the file becomes available and can be printed in the original colours would be awesome.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Charlie

Reactions: Curlay Lambeau

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I wonder if I had a clear GIF or JPG of that, I might be able to vector it for embroidery.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any update on making t shirts ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We finally finished designing the T-shirt.
I was thinking of putting this on the front and would like your input as to colours.
We can do a blue shirt with the bike in white and silver or black and white like the diagram or I can get the bike in the same colours as the original shirt in the first picture.
We were also thinking of putting the design on the back and putting "CX500TC" on the front left over your heart.
I can also get him to do it as a CX650T.
I need to know how many of you are interested and the price will be between $15.00 and $20.00 Canadian + shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would in for one as a CX650T.
I'm liking the colors on the original t-shirt. They look like 650T colors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts