Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this polishing rig at an estate sale for $20 bucks. It is the polishing wheels mounted to an air filtering machine. Basically as you polish, The rig sucks the polish and dust from what you are doing and runs it through filters and blows out clean. Never seen a rig quite like this and jumped on it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
nice find Zorce,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice find. So, how much will you charge?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Gotta love estate/garage/yard/rummage/???? sales. My Dad always seems to find great deals at these type of sales as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find. So, how much will you charge?

Ha, will have to read through Larry's instructions and learn the art first but hey, what better tool to get me started. I showed a few shop friends of mine and they were fighting over buying it from me. I told them I wasn't selling. It also has a build in dual light fixture above the motor.

Yeah, my wife never has trouble getting me to go to yard/garage sales. =)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Puts my 7" buffing wheels to shame

Glad you found a "bloody good" bargain........

All The best........keith.......

·
Registered
639 Posts
$20? Theif!

·
Registered
977 Posts
That tapered mounting arrangement for the buffing wheels looks interesting and should be quick change.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That tapered mounting arrangement for the buffing wheels looks interesting and should be quick change.

Yeah thought that looked strange myself. I haven't investigated yet to see how it they change out.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
That IS unique - good score!
Wouldn't sell it for the world unless at least $400 came across the table. I'd keep it under the bench.

Real US motor, can't be replaced by a Chinese replica that misrepresents HP ratings.

Have got good & bad tools from HF, worst ones were the grinders and belt sanders. They are constantly improving though. The cheap motors involved appear to be the weak points. Given time they'll figure this out as they did their drill presses which I love. See one on sale for $60 along with a 20% off coupon and snatch it up. It pays to sign up for their newsletter - both e-mail and regular mail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.