Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if everything was in place for the 2011 Rally? I know it was talked about, but I haven't seen anything definitive.

I am sure there are enough new members who would like dates and location for it also.

·
Super Moderator
15,410 Posts
Well I don't know like Dave knows I asked him a few weeks ago and since then I had to turn in my vacation requests for this coming year. So I'm out. I didn't want to pick the wrong week or not have it happen at all and have to find last minute plans since they won't let me reschedule my vacation.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if everything was in place for the 2011 Rally? I know it was talked about, but I haven't seen anything definitive.

I am sure there are enough new members who would like dates and location for it also.

Mr softie is the go to man for that info.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the question still hasn't been asked I will ask again. Is there a Amish Rally for 2011??? Is there a set date?

If it isn't happening there is a BMW Rally in NJ that we could all gather at instead and have a rally within a rally.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Since the question still hasn't been asked I will ask again. Is there a Amish Rally for 2011??? Is there a set date?

If it isn't happening there is a BMW Rally in NJ that we could all gather at instead and have a rally within a rally.

David, I am sure there will be an Amish rally in Pa at the camp. Steve (Mr. Softie) has agreed to hancho the event. I love the way you continue to try to lure us into BMW rallies! Anyway New Jersey is simply too far for an old fart like me. When I come that far north I am not stopping until I get to Rich's personal rally in the hills of Vermont! When I get home tonight I will check to see if I have Steve's email address and will send him a request to put up a post on the rally.

Gene

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Well yes, of course there is an Amish 2011. Exact dates have not yet been determined. I am open to suggestions. A weekend that does not coincide with the little league world series or any other important rallies would be good. The LLWS will begin on August 19 and end on August 28.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well yes, of course there is an Amish 2011. Exact dates have not yet been determined. I am open to suggestions. A weekend that does not coincide with the little league world series or any other important rallies would be good. The LLWS will begin on August 19 and end on August 28.

How about in February? Nothing is going on then...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It'll have to be between the 1st and 18th to avoid the LLWS. It would be nice to go to a restaurant or whatever and not find a line out the door. Added bonus is that in early August the students aren't funneling into town either, although, some of those coeds do make for good sight seeing.

You da Boss Man now, Steve, let us know when you decide and can set up.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into the works here but I have asked the people who run the camp if an earlier date might be available, given the high traffic volumes in late August due to the LLWS and the local college orientations etc. Perhaps August 10-14 or August 3-7. I haven't heard from them yet.

Any input?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into the works here but I have asked the people who run the camp if an earlier date might be available, given the high traffic volumes in late August due to the LLWS and the local college orientations etc. Perhaps August 10-14 or August 3-7. I haven't heard from them yet.

Any input?

You make the call Herr Softie. If you ask this gang for opinions we'll be talking through next September...

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Agreed. No date selected will be good for everybody.

But the sooner a date can be nailed down, the better, so folks can mark it on their calendar and try to plan other events around it.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Agreed.  No date selected will be good for everybody.

But the sooner a date can be nailed down, the better, so folks can mark it on their calendar and try to plan other events around it.

So here is the latest info received in this evenings mail after a phone conversation with Jay Greiner:

The following weekend is tentatively scheduled:

August 3/4-8, 2011

The following weekends are possible for scheduling, and please contact me when you have a consensus.

August 17-21 OPEN

July 27- 31 OPEN

Thanks,

Jay and Marti Greiner

The Aug 10-14 is out- not available

I am going to nail down the schedule for sure before this Friday, so chime in with your preferences.

The choices again are July 27-31, Aug 4-8, and Aug 17-21

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Steve, I replied in the NE & SE riders, I favor the first weekend in August. I have no objection to changing the date but I would not have bothered. I never had any problems with going up to Logues during the weekend. I think a firm date is needed asap. I doubt if there will be a consensus, an executive decision will have to be made.

Gene

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That is my preference as well, Aug 3-8. I am going to give it til tomorrow (Thursday) night and then pull the string on that date unless I get a serious objection.

I have not been up to Logues dealership but have encountered heavier than normal traffic on and around hwy 15 the last two years, especially in the Lewisburg area, probably because of the colleges starting up.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts