Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the dearth of standard and deluxe gas tanks (and the surplus of custom ones, has anyone successfully (and easily) adapted a tank from another bike to the CX500 in order to get more capacity?

It seems like Honda should have had SOME similarities between products, no?

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
The answer is yes. The tank of a shadow vlx type shadow will fit. Might be a trick to find a pictures since I think the guy that did it was german. And the bike was yellow. I believe that they all are roughly similar in that shadow style. The bigger the engine the bigger the tank.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I've been blissfully ignorant of most of the bike scene for years as I've been happily tootling along on my Aspencade, so had to do a little browsing to come up to speed. You're right, the link doesn't work so the photo may have been pulled, but the site is in The Netherlands and is in Dutch so I can't read it.

I looked at specs for the 2002 Shadow Spirit and it appears to have a 4.2 gal capacity (the 1000 model). That would work for me. It would be great if it's not ridiculously hard to modify and install.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.