Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my goal was the get the bike legal this week. I started with a horn that didn't work, brake lights that didn't work and no turn signals. I looked and found nothing. Then I tried to pay a shop to fix it and they didn't even try. So I went back to work on it myself and got the horn and brake lights to work. I was extremely frustrated over the turn signals. Then on a lark I looked up what has to be checked on an inspection and lo and behold turn signals aren't required in this state.

I get done with work today and put my bike back together and run down to the bike shop and promptly fail inspection. My rear tire was showing wear bars. Didn't get any more miles out of the Continentals than I did out of the Chen Shens.

I had to buy a new rear tire and found one that I couldn't afford. Bought it and rode home to take the wheel off my bike and return to the shop. I ain't paying $30 extra to get my wheel removed. Got that done and ride back to the shop again and FINALLY!!! It passed inspection.

So tomorrow hopefully when I get off work I can get the rest done and maybe get to go on a legal ride this weekend. If it doesn't rain all day Saturday like the weatherman keeps threatening.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got it going. Hopefully you can sort the blinker problem out. Bummer about the tire. It always stinks when you have to spend money that you can't really spare. That's one nice thing here in MI, no vehicle inspections.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan on vehicle inspections either. I like a safe machine but there can be a lot of cons in an inspection. Nobody wants to fail a stupid test due to a loose gas cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.