Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i have a Sears....craftsman wrench..model number..875 188840

there is a small plugged hole for oil,how much and what kind should go in there..

also,it it possible to service them,if they loose there potency

thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Many times putting some air tool oil in the chuck of the gun when holding it upside down then hook up the air and squeezing the trigger will do the trick.Just watch out for the oil that will come shooting out the exhaust port.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
+1 - some of my air tools have an 'oil' port and some don't. I just put a squirt in the air chuck like barnym17 says. Supposed to do it more often than I do but I always forget until the tool starts to falter.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I do about 3 drops of air tool oil per use in non consecutive days and lightly cover the exhaust with a rag so I don't shoot oil everywhere.

·
Registered
117 Posts
As stated above do that with the oil. As for losing power most the time pulling it apart and cleaning the plastic fins and all the old grease out dose wonders. And if you own a IR2135 or any model of that sort if the trigger starts to act up, remove the inlet for the air gun its self from the 2 holes in the handle. Then check the little cog that the trigger needle pushes for air to allow air to operate the gun. Every impact gun maker is different so they are not all easy to break down for a good thorough cleaning / inspection. Since im a auto mechanics by trade I do mine about once a month, cause I beat on them and I need them to last as long as they can.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Many times putting some air tool oil in the chuck of the gun when holding it upside down then hook up the air and squeezing the trigger will do the trick.Just watch out for the oil that will come shooting out the exhaust port.
+1

I usually add enough oil until it comes out clear/clean. Oil is cheap guns are expensive!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you very much guys.iv never stripped down one before.so,ill go down the oil route first and see how it goes.

gracias

·
Registered
85 Posts
And to fill some of the boredom during the slow months .............

Take your coworker's die grinder with rear exhaust and put 2 or 3 oz of Rand Lube ( the air gun oil we use in the shop ) in the air chuck when he's not looking. Move across the shop, out of reach of limbs, tools, and or projectiles thrown, and enjoy the show.

Peace

Owen

·
Registered
85 Posts
The oil is fun, but im know for taking the hammers out so it just sound like it wants to work but dose nothing lol

Oh MAN! that would be priceless. I goTTA try that one.

Thanks Jon

peace

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.