Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '82 GL500 has some slight problems at low speeds such as popping(not backfiring). When I hit about 4.5K It'll take off just like they should and will ride just fine. I just replaced the air filter as I thought this was the culprit but alas it was not. The ride did get better after the filter switch but just isn't where it should be. My air scoop is at a 45* angle South of West. Is this the position it should be in or am I completely off?

Thanks in advance,

Brendan Mackay

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,251 Posts
It should face straight backwards. If it's already mostly backwards, I don't expect you'll see any difference.

R

EDIT: Oops! I was thinking of the CX500, with the funnel under the seat. Not sure about the GL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should face straight backwards. If it's already mostly backwards, I don't expect you'll see any difference.

The funnel for the GL is on the right side whereas the CX is on the top. I've seen them facing completely to the back, vertical, and the way I have mine. I'm just trying to find out which is the correct way.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The funnel for the GL is on the right side whereas the CX is on the top. I've seen them facing completely to the back, vertical, and the way I have mine. I'm just trying to find out which is the correct way.

On my 82 GL500I the scoop is facing at about the 8 o'clock position and from what I've read Air Scoop that is the correct postioning.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Arrows always point to the front, the way it's keyed or indexed, the only way to get the arrow on the cap pointing more or less forward leaves the intake horn at 8 O'clock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.