Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Sounds like you got the right vent hose. Sam is correct that some stuff will collect there over time as a by product of the combustion blow back. The other vents are from the carbs, petcock and battery IIRC. Some capped, some not. Best to keep them clear and check at regular oil changes.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Thanks for the info, I have that all taken care of, now the only thing left is to get my speedo working. It was working a few months back then stopped. I'm thinking it's the cable, but I think I'm just going to take it in and have them look at it, the 2 bulbs also need to be replaced in the speedo housing and I can't seem to get under the fairings to get at it...unless someone knows of an easier way to get at it without taking the speedo off. Tried that and broke a few of the bolts.

Guess you should start a new post on that one. I've go no help for ya there, but there are other posts around that address the lights and cable for the speedo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.