Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I got a ride to work in today, as it was the ONE day this week that was decent. Felt good. I'm in as well, with the same caveats as Dave...LOL I'm not too impressed with the weather forecast though.....time will tell as the days go by........AGAIN......

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Be a heck of a long trip for you from Sacramento, Ryshu, but you are welcome to join in anytime. I expect we will have other rides during the warmer months.

Now that rampsbaby will be getting her wheels, it should be a lot of fun.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Hi Bret. Good to hear you join our metro area! It would be great if you could join in the ride.

As to having work space, I don't know about the others here locally, but I only have my little duplex single garage, that now has one more bike in it when we got Rampsbaby's last night. I'm not set up for much maintenance work here anyway. I can't do much work myself, but have had two of the guys come over to help me out.

That said, if you needed to work on it in a sheltered spot for a bit here, we could work something out. I don't have much in the way of tools though. A bench table and a few odds and ends.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard. Hope you can join in.

Joel in the Couve

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
So far, if weather improves from the forecast, I'll be in the mix, with my better half tailing us. Her bike won't be there this time, as she still needs to get in the MSF course. That may not come til mid April. Of course then she will need some rubber time on the bike; she has to learn it's beastly quirks.

Sad to hear you can't make it John.

Next things on my list of to-do's are the steering head bearings, and making sure my front axle isn't bent. That tiny wobble in the first few miles is annoying. I'm going to see if I can borrow a run-out caliper from work one day and check my front wheel.

If any of you locals have any spare time on weekends to come by and give me a hand, please let me know.

I had to get braces on my thumbs due to arthritis, and some day down the road may have surgery. But for now, riding doesn't seem to bother them too much. The braces are custom made and removable, so this shouldn't hinder me on the jaunt next week.

Looking forward to it, just hope the skies and temps cooperate.

Joel in the Couve

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Arggggh. The weather forecast is not looking too good, lots of rain. Let's hope it changes as the week goes on.

Ohm, I'm not adverse to making the trek down there if we get all the things together partswise for a project. I'd think the steering bearings would be easy enough if you know what you need and have done them before. I'd not be of much help physically, but would gladly cheer you on. LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Since I have a CX I'm not too worried. I will need to get the bearings first...been searching around trying to find the best deal on the tapered All Balls.....frustrating.

This ride is looking less and less like a ride for me, as the weather forecast is getting worse. I'm not up for cold rain. If you guys still want to ride that is cool, but we may just try to do the meet and greet again for a bite to eat. So if that stays in the plan, we can look at that side of it. Otherwise, this may be a bust for us.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Thanks Bret, I just may do that. You are a bit more local than Ohm, so maybe a weekend day over here would work. Have you done the steering bearings before? I need someone who knows the ropes, as I have no experience other than common sense anecdotal info. I have to find a good source for them first, so it's a ways off before I decide to do them. But I appreciate it.

If this weather passes through a bit quicker, we may get lucky for Saturday afternoon yet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Cliff, it will be a short time decision for me one way or the other. Hope the other guys still in the mix can post soon to see if the troupe is still intact to a degree.

If so, I might buckle under a bit more and suit up. Call me wishy washy Joel in the Couve.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I'll do like Ohm and play the card in the morning. This time of year is so unpredictable, and the afternoon may just be showery instead of full on rain. I'd say the chance for me is about 40 yea, 60 nay. Probably same odds for just meeting for lunch.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Plan, if riding, was to meet at the Southbound Rest stop, just south of Wilsonville on I-5. It is just past the first Aurora/Canby exit. From there we can head towards Silver Falls. If the call is not to ride, the option of meeting up for a bite at the Wild Hare in Canby was mentioned.

Joel in the Couve.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Good morning. Ohm, if I had a way to get a trailer, I'd see what I could do to snatch another off the demise list, if for nothing but salvage/parts.

As for today's ride. I am seeing it to be a showery day, milder than cold, so in all likely hood, not a terrible day. I'm leaning to riding, based on what I see on the satellite imagery and radar.

Meet at the rest stop at 1pm? You guys can call me to coordinate things at 360-903-8434

Joel in the Couve

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I'll have a bright Yellow jacket on, so I'll see you guys at the rest stop, about 1pm. Looks like a reasonable day, a few hit and miss showers, but decent temps.

Cliff, Ohm, and Bret. Haven't heard from Dave yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Ohm called, so at least there will be the 3 of us. See you then! (Rampsbaby will follow me)

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Glad you could make it Bret, was nice to meet you. Here is a pic of the fellas. The gals (Rampsbaby and Cliff's ex Candy) followed us in the rescue van. L to R, Nathan (Ohm), Bret, Clifford, and yours truly. 3 customs on the right, and the Deluxe (I think) who had a bit of a fuel sputter at one point, but it seemed to clear up. We got rained on pretty good a few times, but it did clear off enough to give us some dry roads much of the time. Down to Silver Falls. Damned if we didn't get pix of them, but we decided a pee stop and go was the order of the day and head back. Hunger set in, so off to the Wild Hare for some great grub and libation. Nice ride gang, can't wait for the warmer days though.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Cliff, I wonder about you sometimes....such glory in the rides you ponder and scheme....I love it.

By the way, something I have been meaning to ask....what is up with the idle on your bike??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.