Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm cleaning up the handlebars of my CX650 Custom. I'm getting rid of the "idiot lights" and dont want to get rid of the temp gauge. I figure that would be very "idiot" to not have that gauge.

Does anybody know of a good little aftermarket option?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sure that would work. You might still need an adapter fitting, I used a Sunpro kit from a local auto parts store. It's a little tough finding the real estate on a GL for a gauge that size. What I don't like about the KOSO besides the cost is how difficult it is to read in bright sunlight. Also somewhat distracting watching the numbers change.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sure that would work. You might still need an adapter fitting, I used a Sunpro kit from a local auto parts store. It's a little tough finding the real estate on a GL for a gauge that size. What I don't like about the KOSO besides the cost is how difficult it is to read in bright sunlight. Also somewhat distracting watching the numbers change.

have a pic of yours mounted?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here's another option for cleaning up the handlebars - temp gauage is on the right from Dennis Kirk...[attachment=1658:instruments prepaint.JPG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/mpcycledesign/instrumentsprepaint.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.