Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda CX650C with Murray's Carbs and stock exhaust for now
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, I have a rotten (read swiss cheese rusty) fuel tank on my cx650C and I would find a lot of peace of mind in something better. I am trying to figure out if any aftermarket tanks will be easy enough to fit to the bike. Or, if anyone has a tank in non leaky condition to sell I would be interested!

I will add, I would prefer to stay far from the cafe racer aesthetic. Nothing wrong with them, I just don't want to build one. I aim for a sort of mad max/ post apocalyptic thrown together sort of feel.

·
Registered
CX650C
81 Posts
Good Morning.
The Tunnel is the Problem. Not that wide like the 500s, but You have to customize anyways if You stay off from Original. On Germanys ebay a Guy sold a 21l/ 5,5 Gallon Fuel- Tank :D!
Things are getting rare for our Bikes...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Will a "std" 650 tank fit/ be made to fit?...
I have seen some new Cx tanks with 650 extra bracketry/mounts on ebay but they are cafe style..which is not what the OP wants..

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,077 Posts
I'm aware of the CX 650 tank and a 650 GL tank. What is a "std tank" for the 650?
I think they're referring to the Eurosport. It's the common one to modify in some parts of world, like our ubiquitous CX500 Custom.
Silverwing and Eurosport frames are very similar, I've heard. The CX650C is its own thing.

·
Registered
CX650C
81 Posts
I tried to change my old Tank from cx500c to my cx65c. Didn´t work.
From STD( Standard?)500 to Custom500 the Tank is shorter; the Brackets don´t fit.
What we call "Eurosport"(Mono- Shock) to Standard. The Frame has an upper Triple- Tree. I dont know if this one fits...
Interchangeable propably between 500 and 650(GL i don´t know).
But: cx650custom is different.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle
Here is an 81 cx500 tank on a cx650 frame. It needs to be moved back 3/4” to not hit the forks and would need mounting tabs from the engine hangers to the tank.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Reactions: AuburnCXxxx

·
Registered
1983 Honda CX650C with Murray's Carbs and stock exhaust for now
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for setting that up! I may be able to get something like that to work, who knows

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
100$ or so for usable as above....a good 500 custom tank will b as much.....and need slight mods ....
Tho ebay has harley spotster tanks for bout $100-150... nice lines but dunno if viable fit😃

1 - 17 of 17 Posts