Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got done repairing my master cyclinder and started to bleed the brake. took forever to get any brake pressure so i pulled the front caliper off. half of the pad is metal to metal. as i mentioned in a previous post i am at odds with my local dealer. are these pads available at like checker/oreilly or autozone?

·
Registered
782 Posts
There are usually a bunch for sale on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
You can't go wrong with EBC, they make good stuff. I think GeorgeFix on ebay sells them, if he had them he's a great seller, quick shipping too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i need a rotor too. looks like ebay is going to be the way to go. thanks

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
are you even close to having it on the road yet buddy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If one pad was worn way more than the other, you had better service your caliper. I rebuilt mine last year and afterward, the brake lever feel was 100% improved as well as stopping distances were shortened. The caliper rebuild kit I used cost around $30.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It is highly important to separate the two caliper halves then clean and regrease the caliper pins. You'd be surprised how many so called "auto mechanics" don't even bother.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you even close to having it on the road yet buddy?
i'm down to this and hiding some wiring. the wire hiding is purely optional but i figure if i'm in a penny i'm in a pound. however when i started it early today the starter sounded like it was stripped out. made this really weird sound before it kick over. it seems like everytime i finish something i find 1 or 2 more things that are potential deal breakers. i got an oil leak but its more like a seep at this point. i get a stain on the cement the size of a penny after a week.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
damn do you think starter clutch? or is that more of a problem on the 650's? and were is the oil leak at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts