Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this morning I added a 12v adapter on the bike it is a '80 cx500. used the side cover in front to mount the adapter, works awesome.

also I made a bracket to mount my GPS had to customize a bracket for it considering I do not have a fairing. Works great I can remove the unit when not in use for the vehicles. now where do i put my MP3 player? Guess that can go in pocket or clip it to my cell phone case. although winter will be here soon I will be ready to cruise for now I will enjoy riding till its way to cold to ride.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I used a bar mount GPS holder and installed my 12V adapter in the fairing pocket. Trust me, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ok i have a question i am wanting to put a 12v plug on my bike but i was wondering is it just put the wires on the battery and run the wires and plus i wonder where to mount it at

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky the 12v plug i got from wallmart,6 bucks i drilled hole in the right side cover will take pic and show you i wired mine right to battery that way over winter i can use my battery mainianer will just plug right in so it,s uses are endless i did not wanna chance running them into any other electrical so mine is right to the terminal leads in battery, works beautiful. I dont paln on using any plugins unless bike running anyways. will post pics soon.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a bar mount GPS holder and installed my 12V adapter in the fairing pocket. Trust me, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner

Hey crashnburn, your so right whenever i need it in the truck its there why not have one on bike mines not water proof but if i have to drive in the rain it comes off no biggie I believe this will be a good add on will post pics when i mount it again disassembled for paint

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wired mine into the previously hacked up radio harness, used it non-stop on my 1030 mile trip all week, not one issue.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So true I have inline fuse on mine sorry should of posted that 15 amp allwires are wrapped and ends have shrink tape on them

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
i had a feeling you did but i wasnt going to say anything.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts