Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok hers some info, i just got off the phone with autozone after browsing ebay for exhaust header gaskets. one place was selling them for $3 and change plus almost $6 for shipping but he also lists a bunch of nissan cars they also fit so i calls the parts house and bam found em for 4 bucks a piece just some info i thought was handy i will be going there in a bit and checking them out will give a verdict a bit later on fit and function

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I see 1995 nissan 200 ex & the sentra going to be checkin this out on way to work let ya know the detail later tonight

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes from what I am told same info I found will be checking on it today never made the parts store yesterday

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok everyone so these are the exhaust gaskets i bout 2 seperate brands for the same application looks identical to the ones i got from georgefix. The only difference i see is that the silver color one has a flat side and the darker one dont. now however after snugging up my header bolts they seem fine so i will wait to replace them.I may get in and clean the old ones out and put a set of the new ones in just to see the fight or wait till next oil change but i figure the info is out here now why spend an extra 3 or 4 dollars in shipping just hit the parts store. so the run down on part #'s

fel pro #60569 also fits nissan 200sx 2.0 & nissan etc

ROL Gaskets EG24647 or fp 60569 cross ref for fel pro

hope this helps someone out they cost $3.99 each at my local auto zone

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Pretty good info to know, however you can get a pair (2) of them from TAS with free shipping for $4 total.

260-563-6937

They will accept PayPal but prefer just a plain credit card so they don't have to pay the PayPal fees.

I was just talking to Matt, they're seriously considering becoming a Purolator dealer so that's good news.

I also got a nice reply from K&N regarding that 90* see through fuel filter that has the 60 micron sintered bronze element.

They told me they are taking it seriously and discussing it with their various departments as to why they discontinued them,

they didn't realize that there were so many people that still use them or would want to use them if they knew they existed.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not know that TAS was that cheap. wow i must look into that those 90 degree filter looks like they were origanally made for mopeds back in the day but hey i see why not i would like to give one a try,as for i have no fitler on mine at all cause i cant find one small enought to fit.hell the hose from the petcock to the carb is not very long on its own and to try to stick a filter between it no room to connect fittings

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Best deals I've found on 90* filters is $3.99 from JC Whitney but today is the last day you can get free shipping.

I complained about the 11 UPS shipping charges to this company and they said if you call their office directly they will ship them by regular mail for $4 in postage/handling, they look like a better filter than the JC Whitney ones:

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=348

I got kind of nasty with K&N and they promised me they would talk to the proper departments to see why the 81-0222 was discontinued and see what they could do to get it back into production.

TAS is seriously thinking about becoming a Purolator dealer, they make a realy good oil filter for our bikes but they're next to impossible to find.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Phantom i hope u were talking about the exhaust gaskets. speaking of exhuast i have to do some garage shop searching to find someone in my area that welds i have not seen a muffler shop around here yet my crossovers seem is splitting so i wanna fix it before it gets worse.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Harbor freight has a little welder on sale for $100. Works pretty good for me. Of course the harbor freight wire is junk. I have lincoln in mine. Once i'm out I have a spool of Hobart waiting to try out.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes was thinking of buying one of those considering I do know how to weld,been a while but welded for 5 yrs at a past job making signs for supermarkets and such but wifey needs tires and a wheel alignment first. So wannafind someone on the fly I can throw 20 bucks to the little spending money I did have went went to fixing the bike. I do plan on getting one though thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
or reuse your old ones by annealing them red hot and then it cost nothing

For a fuel filter that would be bad, for an exhaust gasket, not very useful. The exhaust gasket is a crush seal gasket, when you tighten it down, it crushes and spreads out filling in all the nooks and crannies to an indexed fit. Once crushed, annealing won't bring it back, unless you were to heat it to a malleability point and re-form it somehow so that it goes back to the neutral shape before install. Cheaper to just get a new one for a couple bucks.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The only 90 degree fuel filter i see on jc whitney is that visu thing for 41 bucks

No, they have a 90* one for 3.99 but the shipping will kill you.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fuel-filte...3/16-1/4-fuel-lines/p2002783.jcwx?filterid=j1

What you want is to take advantage of a deal I set up with another company for what appears to be a much better filter than the JC Whitney one.

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=348

They normally charge $10 to ship UPS but the deal is that if you call their toll free number and tell them a friend got a deal going with Janet in Sales that they'd ship them via USPS (regular mail) for $4.

It's a little large at 3" long but will fit our fuel lines.

I ordered two of theirs and one from JC Whitney when they had a free shipping promo going on. I'll report back on them when I get them.

TAS is working on getting some in, I've also got K&N considering manufacturing the 81-0222 again so in time we should be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts