Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Abecedarian has left us - Jan 10, Family in need of help

Just got an email from his wife :

I am Shannon McGehee, Kirk's wife. Sadly Kirk passed away January 10th after a long years battle with Stage 4 Lung Cancer. Kirk fought for over a year to try and stay here with me...please if there is anything you could do to help by either donating or sharing this message it would be greatly appreciated. https://www.gofundme.com/fight-cancer-help-save-kirk

Reactions: VladTepes

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Pim, thanks for sharing. Kirk was an awfully nice guy and very enthusiastic about our bikes. It sounds like his wife is going through an awful time and having financial issues on top of it. I would encourage everyone to give what they can to help. This is charity that really goes to help a family in need, not to some hot shot executive's salary at a big name charity. I bought and sold parts to Kirk for a few years and he was always great to deal with on these things. He was also one of the first to contact me each year after my Bonneville trips. Rest in peace my friend we are going to miss you.

Reactions: VladTepes

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Sad news, I always found his contributions here on the forum to be well-rounded. My condolences to his wife and family. RIP.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Done, share the link on Facebook and see if we cannot help this family in their tough time. Just the money you would spend on one six-pack of beer would help. Come on guys, lets show our love.

By the way, Kirk was the last post I received after this year's trip to Bonneville. We had lots of fun conversations over the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts