Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned something about my GL650 just now. I was removing the forks to replace the oil seals and neglected to release the air pressure from the left leg. I had the leg on the bench and when I released the drain bolt I was greeted with a geyser of dirty fork oil. The oil sprayed all over me, the bench, my tools, the ceiling, my bicycles and my just completed BSA motor! Good thing my wife's car wasn't in the garage! Lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Interesting.... A noobie with 1 post, but has a profile picture and their location specified. Just forgot to put their year and model in their signiture, but since it was in the post... I can let that slide

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Interesting.... A noobie with 1 post, but has a profile picture and their location specified. Just forgot to put their year and model in their signiture, but since it was in the post... I can let that slide

I sure this isn't his first forum.

OP....Nice first post!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Btdtgtts (talking of fork oil spray)!

It´s amazing how that limited amount of fork oil can completely cover an entire garage corner - workbench, walls, floor and all. Plus me and my bike (previous GL 500).

Sture

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.