Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever thought about building a trike with the rear 2/3 of a twisted twin as each rear drive wheel? Two engines & drive trains. One front forks/wheel. Low slung Miata seat almost between the engines. Sychronization of the two engines would be highly desirable I'd guess, but what a beast it could be! Synchronizing shifting might be the biggest challenge, an uneven shift at 50 mph would probably be the end of all. Stretched length for directional stability. Just musing. I don't know where these ideas come from, I really don't!

·
Super Moderator
4,007 Posts
I have thought of that, but less ambitious, with only one of the rear wheels powered.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Anybody ever thought about building a trike with the rear 2/3 of a twisted twin as each rear drive wheel? Two engines & drive trains. One front forks/wheel. Low slung Miata seat almost between the engines. Sychronization of the two engines would be highly desirable I'd guess, but what a beast it could be! Synchronizing shifting might be the biggest challenge, an uneven shift at 50 mph would probably be the end of all. Stretched length for directional stability. Just musing. I don't know where these ideas come from, I really don't!
your vision in photo-shop mock up?:)forum members would like to see it

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randall is my graphics guy :LOL: I'm the blue sky guy. With a couple of GL500 parts bikes . . . It would still only have two rear shocks . . . I'm working on the hard stuff, like should it have a cross over tube so you could adjust the two momoshocks from one schrader valve? With a pressure gauge at the "dashboard". Foot shift or hand shift? Foot clutch(s)? Foot rear brakes? Emergency brake?:unsure:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thought of getting one of thous really small camper trailers and making a trike with a motorcycle front end on it. But figure cheaper to go to a hotel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts