Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few pictures of the bike outside. Sorry if i'm throwing the thing at you guys i'm just a new owner that wants to share the excitement I have
about building it mostly myself. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Tried to get a good shot of my rattle can paint job but you can't really make out the metallic.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Really nice build. I like the simple very clean lines, you got them to flow nicely.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, , , now that I see it outside, I think it looks like crap.

Seriously though, great work on this thing! I could see the metal flake better in pic #1. You should be proud of this job, and I for one don't mind seeing more pics. The fun part will be when you Google Honda CX500 and start seeing YOUR bike pop up!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, , , now that I see it outside, I think it looks like crap.

Seriously though, great work on this thing! I could see the metal flake better in pic #1. You should be proud of this job, and I for one don't mind seeing more pics. The fun part will be when you Google Honda CX500 and start seeing YOUR bike pop up!
HA! thanks. These are probably not the last of the pics i'll post either. I'm so psyched about it I feel like a little kid.

I can't tell you how many times i've googled cx500. That would be pretty sweet to see my bike in the mix.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks sweet dude I like it love the seat design
thanks a lot. I got the idea for the seat from a picture I saw in one of the chopper mags. It's not identical but the same basic concept. I know it don't look like it but it's actually comfortable too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just got my tank and side covers painted black with copper pearl in it, looks a little similar! Sweet bike man, you should be proud, i would post pics all day long!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Interesting project, nice work!

Are you planning on leaving the seat, engine and final drive as is, or painting them a flat black too?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Looks good, I like the handlebars especially.  The only thing I'd suggest is figuring out some kind of protection for your radiator, punching a rock through it will ruin your ride pretty quick.  I think it might be Reg (UK Reg) that has a pretty slick looking mesh grill over his.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sick bike man. Love the handlebars and your rims look awesome. Thats what I want to do to mine. Powdercoat? how much did it run you ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sick bike man. Love the handlebars and your rims look awesome. Thats what I want to do to mine. Powdercoat? how much did it run you ?

I think he did it with good ol' spray paint. It says something in the close-up of the tank about a rattle can paint job.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts