Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this album together on my Facebook page. It includes some SilverWing pics.

I think it's kind of fun to look back on some of the old trips. I hope you do too...

Trips

Thanks,

Wayne.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
It's kind of funny how in 10 years there is only 11 pictures but I understand. The pictures stuck in your memory are the ones to remember.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's kind of funny how in 10 years there is only 11 pictures but I understand. The pictures stuck in your memory are the ones to remember.

Yes, Don, I could post a lot more pictures but who would look at all of them? I was just trying to give a feel of each year's trip in one picture. I did feel the need to double up on the 2008 Yellowstone trip. I literally have about 400 pics from all the guys on that trip and couldn't boil it down to just one.

I am thinking about going back further in time but would need to dig out some really old photo albums and warm up my scanner to get all the way back to 1978. It'd be fun for me, but again, who would really care enough to look at em all?

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
...I am thinking about going back further in time but would need to dig out some really old photo albums and warm up my scanner to get all the way back to 1978. It'd be fun for me, but again, who would really care enough to look at em all?
I'd love to see a bunch of photos from motorcycle trips taken 20+ years ago.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As requested, I've been searching for old motorcycle trip pictures. Not sure where the heck they all are but I did find one more. From the year 2000. Trip across northern Wisc and into the U.P. of Michigan.

Notice the bike: 1977 Kawasaki KZ650. I bought it 3 months used in the fall of 1977. Rode that bike all around this country through the years. This was the last trip I took on her, picked up a GL500i in 2001.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,195 Posts
As requested, I've been searching for old motorcycle trip pictures. Not sure where the heck they all are but I did find one more. From the year 2000. Trip across northern Wisc and into the U.P. of Michigan.

Notice the bike: 1977 Kawasaki KZ650. I bought it 3 months used in the fall of 1977. Rode that bike all around this country through the years. This was the last trip I took on her, picked up a GL500i in 2001.

Is Uncle Charlie still riding? Bring him along in May.

R

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Any idea where you were? Most of that area in northern michigan looks the same but there are areas that are well worth the trip. I should really do a motorcycle camping trip from going to Milwaukee, Duluth, St Ignas, and down the michigan side of the lake michigan coast.

Would be nice to make it to Ontanogan and go on to Copper Harbor too.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is Uncle Charlie still riding? Bring him along in May.

R

Randall,

Uncle Charlie was forced to stop riding about 7 years ago because of a car/tractor accident. A drunk slammed into him on his tractor on the county road that goes through his farm. It caused brain damage and he lost his equillibrium, plus his head is in constant pain. We were actually planning on going to the Amish Ralley together before it happened.

But the good news is that last fall he bought a used Shadow and is attempting to get back into it. The days of long rides are probably over but I look forward to start taking short trips with him again. I suspect the spring ride would be too much, but I can ask.

thanks for asking.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any idea where you were? Most of that area in northern michigan looks the same but there are areas that are well worth the trip. I should really do a motorcycle camping trip from going to Milwaukee, Duluth, St Ignas, and down the michigan side of the lake michigan coast.

We actually didn't get very far into your U.P. home on that trip, Don. Turtle Mountain, as I recall. It was just a long weekend type of a trip. I've done the trip you are talking about but it was decades ago and in one of those old AWOL photo albums I'm looking for.

I'm pretty sure this picture was at a campground in the Chequamegan National Forest, Wisc.

·
Registered
810 Posts

That's on my list too! A neighbor of mine did that trip ten or so years ago and still talks a lot about how scenic and great it was!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.