Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in some air miles for a JVC adixxion camera,,

The first vid was taken in St. Martins. This was the first video I shot. In hindsight I should have not whipped my head around as much or as quickly as I did. :rolleyes:

This video was shot on a section of the Fundy Trail. The first half is mostly woods but there were places where there were views of the Bay of Fundy but the camera did not see them, the second half you see more of the scenery and the last turn is a hair pin turn where there is a nice view.

The video is sped up about 10% to make it a bit shorter and to match the length of the song. I put music in the vids because you couldn't hear the bike because wind noise was so loud and annoying.

I left the plastic lens cover on, a mistake. Live and learn.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics of the caves you can see in the above St. Martins video @1:40 - 1:50

The tide is on the way out, at high tide the water is in the cave. You can see the high water mark on the rocks.

I took these pics on the way to St. Martins coming from Saint John.

The mouth of Saint John Harbor. An oil tanker and Partridge Island, on the right, used to be a quarantine station for immigrants coming into the country.

From wikipedia;

Partridge Island is the site of the first pest house and quarantine station in Canada, established for this purpose as early as 1785 [the Quarantine Station was established by the Saint John Royal Charter of 1785, (which also set aside the island for use as a navigational aids station and a military post) and its first use as a Quarantine Station was not until as early as 1816. The first hospital was not built until 1830.] It received its largest influx of immigrants in the 1840s during the Great Famine, known as the "Irish Potato Famine", when a shortage of potatoes occurred because of potato blight striking Ireland's staple crop, causing millions to starve to death or otherwise emigrate, mainly to North America. During the famine, some 30,000 immigrants were processed by the island's visiting and resident physicians, with 1196 dying at Partridge Island and the adjacent city of Saint John during the Typhus epidemic of 1847.[SUP][2][/SUP] During the 1890s there were over 78,000 immigrants a season being processed by the resident physician, but there were few deaths.

Cape Spencer

A little place called Tynemouth Creek

The mouth of Tynemouth Creek

Split rock,,

Looking across at St. Martins from West Quaco

I drove down under a bridge on the way home and saw this neat geological feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts