Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still too "procrastinatory" to put another mirror on the sport bike MC side.... Dough!

Current Mods...

New Blue Paint Job. Actually a different tank and panels re-painted... not a dent or ding.... yet

New Cover on the saddle... I believe the materiel is called "allantra"

Steel Brake line and Conglomeration of honda 700sc Caliper and Rotor... the MC came from a Suzuki Bandit.

New... Old Mirror from ??? junkyard dog.

Saddle Bags from Forum Member... 20$.

'LED marker Lights on the lic plate From Trucker Supply House.

I'm having a bad time with my internet connection.... I had intended to post a few more close ups, but things are slooow for me t'day...

Gotta go make pics at the French Quarter Festival... and the "Strawberry Festival" in Ponchatoula....

Thanks to the Mods, our "C.C. Admin and Forum Nagus Supreme, and many others nagus, olds and newbs for all the help and effort...

without this place I don't think I would be having as much fun with the CX

More to come later

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Great job, paint looks super. I wish I had that same style tank on my '82, it lends itself better to the café style I want to build. Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the paint a lot, the seat cover kinda looks like rubber in that pic though. That would make for one sweaty butt!

LOL... in my neck of the banana republic it's rare not to have a sweaty arse. The name of the fabric is actually "Alcantara"... it's a synthetic leather, tough as nails, and has enough gription to keep me from slipsliding in the saddle.

I cover my saddle when the bike is parked in the sun, as it will readily achieve kelvin range butt burning temps in the summer sun here

thanks for the compliments
I forgot to mention my new rubbers. A dunlop elite rear, and a Bstone spitfire 11s front. BIG GOOD DIFFERENCE...

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did everything but the actual sewing... I have a good friend in the uhpolstery biz.

I sharpen his scissors, in barter, he not only sewed this cover, but completely replaced the stitching in my old one... less than three hours total. He's good.

these seats are easy... one day I'll post a how to. I wish I had my camera with me that day.

MC seats start at 60$ retail at his shop... I don't know if he is taking any new jobs as he's fighting lung cancer these days.
I'm afraid it does not look good for a long future for him

anyone want a 100% stock sofa saddle CX cover? I think it's one ugly piece o nauga...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.