Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 am here on the aniversary of that tragic day.

thurs. night i watched a tribute program dedicated to the csi investigaters.it was very moving.much of the material id never seen before....a funeral for a firefighter,to bury a small part of his foot[it was the only part they could find].

the program started with a csi guy saying.....it was a beautiful day,i was going for coffee when the call came in...

last night the tribute was ...the telephone calls of that day.

firefighters among others calling their loved ones as they entered the towers,telling them,,,they might not make it,and they loved them.real tear jerking program.

fireman palmer from bat.7 made it to the 82 floor,he was a real fit guy.you can only imagine the trapped peoples relief when he showed up....now there must be a way down ...

the last call from the south tower a guy was talking to his wife,she was watching on tv,the tower came down as they were having there conversation,,,she watched the conversation end.

my thoughts today are to all the people affected by that day.

especially the fire service,they had choices.they made them.very brave guys..........

lest we forget

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
My girlfriend was in that scene that horrific day. Literally stuck in the middle of it, being showered with debris and body parts landing next to her, as she scrambled to get inside a nearby cafe. The next thing she remembers is that of darkness and terrible sounds of pain. She simply shut down. Was days before she could get out.

I was getting up for work, saw the news, and stared in disbelief. I had to get to work as I didn't know what was going to be the effect. I work for a regional airline in the Portland Or. airport area. By the time I arrived, it was mere minutes before we were completely shut down, and TV's were set up in the hangar to keep us abreast. Our planes were scattered in places we never could imagine. The eerie silence was deafening. No contrails in the sky, no runway noise, nothing but the silent dread of unreal. Not many words were spoken for days on end it seemed.

Although I don't wish to take this to a politic angle, I will gladly support and honor the fallen, and those serving, to protect our freedoms in this world we live. I think there are very few humans on this planet that were not in some way affected by this event, unless they reside in a world devoid of any outside influences at all.

Agree or not, the dread inflicted was ungodly. Hatred is evil. And very costly. There is little resolve greater than fortitude to move forward and learn from it.

Humbling to be sure. Joel in the Couve.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If we want to honor those who died in this horrific event and those who have since sacrificed their lives in the battle against terrorism we must never relent or forget. It is becoming clear that the Muslim religion is not just a religion but a religion with a definate political agenda!

That agenda is nothing short of world domination, elimination of ALL other religions and introduction of Sharia law. The Muslim religion is growing at a fantastic rate, world wide. With a billion or more belivers it is a force to be considered a world player! It was created after the advent of the Christian religion. Is it possible that the Muslim religion was a creation of the evil forces abroad in our universe, ie. the Devil?

To me any religion that condones the destruction of human life as a way to further its aims of world domination is evil in itself. I do not have a suggestion for a possible solution. What I can urge is that we remain vigilant and oppose, in every way possible, the spread of this "religion". There are some very clever folks involved and they are using our laws & customs against us to allow them to continue to grow, right within our own society!

Are we going to have to change some of our laws? Are we going to have to give up some of our freedoms, it would appear we already have! If you study this religion its appeal begins to come clear. First, it is male dominated, in every sense of the word. Next it appeals to those who have little or nothing (read 3rd world) because they can take anything they want from a non-believer and not be punished, but rewarded! It promises a fantastic afterlife, if you lose your life in destroying non-believers, to a simple uneducated mind that is a win-win deal!

This may have not been the forum for my rant but my feelings have been building for a long time (9 years) and I had to vent. Thanks for reading.

Gene

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Friend of mine's wife was pretty darn nearby when the first plane hit and luckily right at the entrance to the subway. She hit that train in a second and headed back home.

I was at work when it started and with a bit of creativity somehow managed to patch the audio & video out of the back of the TV in my office onto the network so everyone could tune in with their copy of Media Player. Back in those days it was rare to find any sort of live TV feed on the internet - not to mention the fact that all 80+ employees had nothing but a single 8 modem "pool" that they all had to share to get to the internet to begin with.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Gene McCall,

You have said it all better than I ever could - and I totally agree. BillRod

·
Registered
546 Posts
Gene McCall,

You have said it all better than I ever could - and I totally agree. BillRod

I understand, but don't agree.

I have many many Muslim friends, and that statement is far from the truth. There are 1.5 BILLION Muslims on this globe, and to generalize them all based on the actions of the 1% is frankly a little sad. It's like saying David Koresh, or Pastor Jones in FLA represents all of Christianity.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
At least I partially understood what some of those people were going through. If you recall, on April 19, 1995 we experienced a bombing event right here in Oklahoma City and they still argue as to who was really behind it and for what reason it happened.

As wth 9/11, a lot of us still believe that the government knows a lot more than they're telling.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I understand, but don't agree.

I have many many Muslim friends, and that statement is far from the truth. There are 1.5 BILLION Muslims on this globe, and to generalize them all based on the actions of the 1% is frankly a little sad. It's like saying David Koresh, or Pastor Jones in FLA represents all of Christianity.

Abe, you have a point, BTW thanks on the correct number, I knew it was over a billion. It is always dangerous to generalize, which is what I did. I, too, have a number of Muslim friends and they do not deny that one of the basic tenents of their religion is that the destruction of non-Muslin life is not a sin. That is my point. I realize there are many, many good people who profess the Muslim religion who would not harm a fly, be he a Christian fly or a Muslim fly. However, 1% of 1.5 billion is still a large number and like the so called "silent majority" here is this country the 99% is allowing that vocal and violent 1% speak for them. If the 99% good Muslims will not take control of their religion, then the Christian religion will have to help itself so our God will help us! If this were a Muslim country neither David Koresh or Pastor Jones would exist, they would have been destroyed long ago. Another basic tenent of the Muslim religion is that it will tolorate another religion only until the Muslim religion controls all areas of life, then there are 3 choices, convert to Islam, leave or face death.

Gene

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, historically most wars and other matters of strife have been related to religion?

We need some sort of "UN" between them all but we've also got to come up with some sort of universal way of dealing with those certain groups that go haywire.

What really gets me is we all know who's mainly behind all of this terrorism.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks for posting Bandit, sorry I missed it...

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting Bandit, sorry I missed it...
will,sorry i missed yours and started 2 threads[happened last year in reverse,if you remember]

i did email you when i realised what id done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts