Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can you post more pics? Specifically the front and other side please. Perhaps some close up shots to determine condition. What were you thinking on price?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cheese, I will post more pics tomorrow as I am not there today. The other side looks the same. It has not been dropped and the paint is consistent. I always used pure synthetic motor oil on it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Issue is the distance between us. 2000 miles, 30 hours drive time and $450 worth of gas. I'd have to factor that into my offer. I'm sure you wouldn't like it. After that it would need quite a bit of time and money to be put back into road worthy shape. Time I've got... Really do wish it was closer.

Looks nice tho. A good example of a survivor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Issue is the distance between us. 2000 miles, 30 hours drive time and $450 worth of gas. I'd have to factor that into my offer. I'm sure you wouldn't like it. After that it would need quite a bit of time and money to be put back into road worthy shape. Time I've got... Really do wish it was closer.

Looks nice tho. A good example of a survivor.
I understand. Thanks for the interest anyway.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I think (dangerous) he is trying to say that you may get more interest if you have some price in mind that you would accept. I pretty much stole my GLI650 as it was being loaded onto a truck the day after an estate sale. The guy had bought it for $50 and I offered him 300.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think (dangerous) he is trying to say that you may get more interest if you have some price in mind that you would accept. I pretty much stole my GLI650 as it was being loaded onto a truck the day after an estate sale. The guy had bought it for $50 and I offered him 300.
Thank you for respecting the bike. What you did was real. Too many postings on the internet are simply noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fine. You want real? 250 bucks. Can be there with a trailer Wed afternoon. Noisy enough?
Hi Cheese. I thought you had declined with your last email. I got some other interest last night who is only 650 miles away. I will get back to you.
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are additional photos showing some problems, thanks to some relevant questions. I have the original trunk. There is some rust in the tank which appears to be surface rust. The tank is still half full. There is rust on the calipers and one is seized. The bike rolls poorly with noise from the front end. I have the original dipstick. I have the ignition key and the trunk lock key and the locks work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts