Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to paint a bit of my '82 (fender and "hood").

Can't seem to find the code for the ivory metal flake factory white. Does anyone have that code?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys. Seems there's quite a bit of chatter on the matter. Should have searched before the blather.

Reactions: dutchturbo

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you found - please copy it here for future references.. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The white is a two coat system
I have a code from old cans of PPG Duracryl Acrylic Lacquer that the previous owner of a CX650 turbo gave me.
White base coat is DDL90427
White Pearl top coat is DDL90426D
Then a clear coat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only issue with new paint on some of the body panels is that the remainder will look dated. If the paint is good on the other pieces, maybe a wet sand with 800 grit and new clear applied to these, but the paint has to be the same colour. Lots of decals and such, interesting project.

·
Registered
461 Posts
So, are there any suggestions where to buy paint in the USA. In the past, I have bought paint for this motorcycle from RS Motorcycle paints (they specialize in vintage motorcycle paint). I had no problems with them, but they are in the UK, and there was the shipment time to deal with. Since shipping prices have increased, it would be nice to buy paint locally.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The white is a two coat system
I have a code from old cans of PPG Duracryl Acrylic Lacquer that the previous owner of a CX650 turbo gave me.
White base coat is DDL90427
White Pearl top coat is DDL90426D
Then a clear coat.
Are those codes for the 650? If so, it's a much different white than the 500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts