Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked pretty hard at this forum including old stuff about parts interchangeability and really no answer to my question. Does anyone know if the front brake from an 82 cx fit the 80 cx thanks wilburj

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not sure if your model is a C, or D but I think they fit. Certainly the caliper and bracket are different but the fork legs are the same part number so they could well do so, unless of course the disc diameter changed. I am sure some member has brake specs year to year and will help you sooner or later!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I happen to have an '82 Custom that has the forks and front brake from an '80, and an '82 parts bike with forks and brake. Checking against the Honda manual I downloaded, the fork on the parts bike is original; that's how I deduced the age of the fork that is on my running bike. Sadly, the '82 brakes will not bolt onto the forks for the '80. The holes in the bracket are too far apart, or the bosses on the fork are not far enough apart, depending on your perspective. Sorry to "brake" the news to you!

- Tim

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've owned both an '80 and '82 CX500 and the brakes and forks are different thus no interchanging of brakes. The '82 has bigger diameter forks, a leading front axle and two-piston brake caliper. You'd have to change the entire front end & triple clamps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.