Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hey peter i have some advise for ya

1= keep the bike it is the crown jewel in the cx turbo line do you know how many people want a 650 turbo??

2=i would also post this in the turbo section

3 see number 2 but instead of the turbo put it in the buying and selling sections also.....\

4= why do you have to get rid of it just because you are moving and were are you moving to

5 = see number 1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey peter i have some advise for ya

1= keep the bike it is the crown jewel in the cx turbo line do you know how many people want a 650 turbo??

2=i would also post this in the turbo section

3 see number 2 but instead of the turbo put it in the buying and selling sections also.....\

4= why do you have to get rid of it just because you are moving and were are you moving to

5 = see number 1
Moving to Maui and do not want to ship. I will post in the Turbo section and buying and selling. Thanks for the reply and comments.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,069 Posts
Moving and I am selling the 1983 CX650 Turbo. It is like new condition, 2395mi. What should it sell for? What is the current value? Carson City, NV
If you want top dollar and it is truly 'like new' condition and in running order; shoot for $8000 to $8500. It could go higher if it is all oem original. You might have to sell it on Ebay or offer it internationally to get that amount.

If you want to make a CX enthusiast happy; offer it here on this forum for $3500 and trust that they want it for themselves and not to resell.

Ebay or other similar international listing sites are the way to get top dollar.

Noir is from Japan: I wonder what Japanese collectors are willing to pay for them?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Keep in mind... I will give you both kidneys and a lung if you will give it to me! (and my first born child!)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Anyone remember what the "school" turbo's went for on FleaBay? There might be a way to look up the old auctions, that would give you a realistic price point.

Found this auction from 8 months ago...1350 mile bike didn't sell for $6900, res. not met.

1983 CXTurbo eBay.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The turbos may sit on eBay for a couple of listing cycles before all the sudden there's a lot of people interested and a bidding war starts so make sure and put a decent reserve on it, the guys over in the Turbo forum might have a good number for you to go by.

Just for fun, take it over to that Pawn Shop they do the show "Pawn Stars" on that plays on The History Channel. Chances are they might even get a pro to value it for you for free.

I love that show, it's not only entertaining but also educational.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ship It with you to Hawaii It's worth it. It might just end up be the only one over there or one of 2... it would be worth twice as much in Hawaii anyway take it with...

·
Registered
105 Posts
First of all I will give ALL of Zedwin's body parts

Second it's up to you to take it to Hawaii. Can't say I like

what salt air does to bikes. Also while there is a value to

have the bike, shipping would be very expensive.

Just comes down to how much you like the bike and what you want

to do, either ride the bike or spend the money. If you sell it,

do it now while you have some time before you leave for Hawaii.

And for the cheapos out there who want a CX650 Turbo there's

always this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBX6...motorcycles&hash=item35ad097c2d#ht_500wt_1182

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
1) Out of curiosity, exactly what are the options and about what would it cost to send a crate that size to Hawaii by boat?

2) That eBay deal may not be as bad as it sounds for the 500, he seems to be honest about matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.