Honda CX 500 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
I was looking for some straighter bars once the fairing was gone.
I'm thinking of installing bars from a CX650E which are straighter, similar to those you have chosen. I'm not enjoying the buckhorn bars now that I have the sidecar on the bike.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
when you say "it works surprisingly well", can you describe the difference with & without?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
when you say "it works surprisingly well", can you describe the difference with & without?
Beings I'm leaned over a fair amount versus the upright-ness of the buckhorns, the wind blast is substantial. After I put the lip on, it calmed the air hitting me. For example I can move my hand(s) around in front of my chest without feeling like they were being pushed toward me.

Obviously it's not like the Interstate fairing, or even a windshield, but it calms the breeze nicely, lifts the blast. I took a gamble and ordered it from Wish. Shipping sucks and it's Chinese, but I couldn't say no at $12 or $14 or whatever.

I'm waiting on a custom 3D printed handlebar fuse box cover. I'll try remember to update this after I take it out more. Also if the fuse box cover turns out, I'll put some details on here too.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Thanks!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts