Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear brake master cylinder needs to be bled after sitting a while. Would like to replace or put a rebuild kit in it. I can't find one online, and the honda dealer can't help. I know the bike is an import. Any ideas??? Maybe a part # or source?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,874 Posts
Are you sure that it is a 1981 CX500E or is that a typo in the thread title? Try David Silver Spares and/or CMSNL.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,925 Posts
He definitely has a 500 Eurosport.

According to CMSNL the same master cylinder was used on the CX500T, CX650T and CX650E. Both Turbo models were imported to the US so your dealer should be able to order what you need to rebuild it.

BTW: Please take a few minutes to add your location and your bike's model and model year to your profile (see Forum Settings link in my signature) as I asked you to do 7 months ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,874 Posts
He definitely has a 500 Eurosport.
Yes, I was questioning the year, 1981. I thought that the 500E was a 1982 model, even though the production date may have been 1981. Looking for parts for an '81 Euro might be challenging.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,925 Posts
I wondered about that too. I had the impression that they were made for both years (like the GL500) but CMS only lists the '82. At any rate if they did make them for 2 years I doubt if they would have changed much between years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts