Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody. Been on for a while and finally accepted as a member. Im rebuilding an 81 cx500c. First bike and taken a 2 and half year journey to get here. Does anyone have any suggestions towards the best height or lowest I can go on length. currently 9in but the driveshaft points up a lil bit. ok or not?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Well the best height is whatever you feel and differs from body style. I like my shocks cranked all the way up.

But welcome to the group.

·
Read Only
19 Posts
As long as both of your feet can touch the ground. It's good if you can flatfoot it, but too low a seat and you might have difficulty with leverage in case the bike falls to one side. I'd say don't let your knee bend more than 10 degrees. But i'm a girl. CXs are heavy for me.

Whats up everybody. Been on for a while and finally accepted as a member. Im rebuilding an 81 cx500c. First bike and taken a 2 and half year journey to get here. Does anyone have any suggestions towards the best height or lowest I can go on length. currently 9in but the driveshaft points up a lil bit. ok or not?

·
Read Only
19 Posts
Oh, duh. I didn't even look at the pictures. Meh, you won't have any problems with leverage. Still, I'd raise the seat a bit for comfort. It's a jungle out there and everyone is out to kill you!

As long as both of your feet can touch the ground. It's good if you can flatfoot it, but too low a seat and you might have difficulty with leverage in case the bike falls to one side. I'd say don't let your knee bend more than 10 degrees. But i'm a girl. CXs are heavy for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.