Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I feel like I've hit a wall and I just want out. I have an 1981 cx500 deluxe. I've given it the quad bypass and installed Murray's carbs but I just keep running into issues with the rae San ignition system. At this point I just want to find it a happy home where someone can reinstall some stock pickups and hook it up to an ignitech and enjoy it. Really loved it and sad to see it go but it's just time for me to move on.

I've got a spare standard seat, a scrambler style seat, a spare engine, and other assorted parts in it. If your in the Pacific Northwest I'll happily drive it all to your house. Hoping to sell it as a full group and not just part it out, but it is what it is.

It's all in Eugene, Oregon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What issue you having with the Rae San?

1979 CX500 Custom, MAC 2 into 1 w/ Pod filters (90/120 jetting) w/ 2006 GSXR 600 front end.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What issue you having with the Rae San?

1979 CX500 Custom, MAC 2 into 1 w/ Pod filters (90/120 jetting) w/ 2006 GSXR 600 front end.
Intermittent spark on the right side. Idles OK but when you give it throttle it doesn't want to go and backfires. I swapped the carbs from side to side to see if that was the issue and it didn't solve it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you contacted Ray about this problem?
Murray has sent me a replacement Hall Plate that I'm actually going to go ahead and install next week to get it up an running.

That said I'm still planning to get out of the cx500 world. All my stuff is up for grabs including the bike that should hopefully be up and running soon, but Its just time for me to move on.

I have a buddy that might buy my CX once he gets his motorcycle license but Covid has all the classes canceled so who knows when that will be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts