Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have picked up an '81 Custom with some front end damage (the PO argued with a roadside bank),

I need to source a headlight with brackets, a complete set of gauges, and the bracket on the under-side of the seat that bolts it to the frame. A rear grab
rail and a full set of turn signals would be nice, but not neccesary, as I can get away with aftermarket indicators and the grab rail is only damaged where the indicator mount has torn off.

It would be nice if these can be consolidated somewhere in the States (whatever is available) and sent as one package, because freight costs from the US to Australia is not a small amount. I may find that it is cheaper to get something close from fleabay or Alibaba instead of genuine from the States, but would obviously prefer the real deal. There were not a lot of customs over here, so this sort of part is very hard to get.

David

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Condo, I have changed the forks because they were bent slightly, and they are 33mm diameter. The frame and engine numbers on this bike make it very early '81 if the numbers were built in chronological order (The frame is twentieth and the engine is second on the list of numbers I have).

Thomas, I am a member of the Aussie site and have an ad up there as well, but Custom's are a relatively rare machine over here, with a corresponding scarcity of secondhand parts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those bits will do, Mark. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Victor has found me a set of gauges, headlight and aftermarket ears, but I would still be interested in your ears, Condo.

I still need a seat bracket.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All found, thank you Victor. (And the others who replied).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After investigating the cost of getting my tank sealed and dent knocked, I find that it may in fact be cheaper to ship a complete tank from the US to here.

So, I am in the market for a good Custom tank, preferably complete as the sock came off my petcock as I removed it from the tank, and the cap is only so-so.

Thanks

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts